Are you in the process of planning out what you’re going to do this summer? Are you taking a trip? Starting a new job? Moving to a new state? Whatever your plans may be, we’ve got a few more things we would like to add to your list, all of which will help improve your overall health, happiness and well-being!
- Read a great book. Right now, the New York Times Best Seller list is full of fabulous reads. If you’re a fan of fiction, try Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. If you’re in the mood for something empowering, pick up a copy of The Power, by Rhonda Byrne.
- Enjoy nature. Find time to take a hike, spend time at the lake, enjoy a sunrise or sunset, bird watch, or spend some time outdoors soaking in the sun. Better yet, leave your phone at home! We all need a little time away every so often.
- Make time for you. It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. With work, extracurricular activities, cleaning the house, you name it – the list just never ends! Try and make some time for you this summer, even if that means literally penciling it into your busy schedule.
- Get active. If it’s been awhile since you’ve worked up a sweat, now is the time to make a change! Adding exercise to your routine will not only improve your health, but will help release endorphins – a key component to your overall mood and outlook on life!
- Pay it forward. Volunteering, carving out time for an old friend, helping someone in need or participating in another act of giving back will not only help someone else out, but will make you feel better. We tend to get so caught up in our own lives it’s easy to forget what a huge difference lending a hand can make.
So, in addition to that family trip, the big move, or whatever else you have planned this summer – try adding a few of the above to your list of things to do. We promise you won’t regret it!
Are you or someone you know looking for an apartment? Be sure to check out our BH communities here! OH – and did we mention we’re now in 20 states?!