We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. With Thanksgiving coming to an end that can really only mean one thing… Black Friday. Though the unofficial holiday has started its sales earlier and earlier in recent years – some stores even on Thanksgiving itself – Black Friday is the day where the real holiday shopping magic happens. Read on to find out 5 interesting facts about this unofficial holiday.
- Black Friday received its name in the 1960s when account books were still recorded by hand. “Black Friday,” as it was named, was the day that took make companies out of the red and into the black.
- One year of Disney World traffic doesn’t match up to the traffic that stores across the country receive Thanksgiving weekend. In 2014, Walmart had 22 million customers pass through its doors on Thanksgiving day alone, while Disney World had 19.3 million visitors all year.
- When you say you would “die” to have that ___, do you really mean it? Black Friday shopping can be dangerous. In fact, more people have died in the past 10 years from Black Friday shopping than they have from shark attacks.
- I think we can all agree that we love getting a good deal. But are we really? Make sure you do your research on what the regular price of the product is. A recent study found that 14% of Black Friday products will be priced close to their regular price, and 17% will be more expensive!
- We all know that Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving – the US holiday. But because of its wild success, other countries have implemented their own Black Friday’s (despite not celebrating our Thanksgiving) so their customers don’t shop across the border.
Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Let us know!