We are so happy the day is finally here! Today, we have arranged an amazing event to let you bring out the kid in yourself, while also helping raise money for kids in need.
Before we dive into the details of Play Like a Kid Day, we’d like to share some of the other ways our company has worked to raise money for our three wonderful and deserving charities.
- March Madness Pool – This year our hearts were in a different place when we filled out our brackets. Many chose to compete in this year’s bracket challenge, however, instead of prizes being split between the top 3, half of the money will be given to our charities first.
- NCAA Tickets – The great city of Des Moines, Iowa, where our corporate office is located, is lucky to be hosting the first round of the NCAA Tournament this year. Our office was lucky enough to receive some tickets to a few games. Anyone who wanted the chance to win could enter, but to give yourself an extra chance to win, you could pay $10 which would be donated to our charities.
- Snack Cart – Who doesn’t get hungry during the work day? Well, everyone in our office does! So instead of workers having to go to the food court, we brought around a snack cart which had a minimum $1 donation for treats.
- Pancake Breakfast – Our lucky office was provided with a delicious pancake breakfast this week. You could fill up your plate for a minimum $2 donation. And boy, let me tell you, it was delicious!
- Silent Auction – To wrap up the week, employees (and the Barnstormers) donated items for a silent auction. Some of the great items up for bid were 4 Barnstormers Tickets, a pair of Rayban Sunglasses, and a Fitbit! All proceeds from the auction will be going to our charities.
- Generous Donations – We were also very fortunate to receive generous donations from our employees, Casey’s General Store, the Iowa Barnstormers, the Iowa Pork Producers, and the Knights of Columbus Council 7556 Norwalk, Iowa. We would like to send all of them a very big THANK YOU. This day wouldn’t have been possible without all of their generosity.
Each of these events were “hosted” by a different department in our office. For each department that is able to raise $25 per team member, their director will have to dress up LIKE A KID for a whole day! How fun (and great motivation!)!
A reminder to who is benefiting from all this “fun”:
Paws & Effect, The Miracle League and Orchard Place
Now to Play Like a Kid Day – TODAY! We will have events for everyone! An obstacle course, Minute to Win It games, board games and puzzles, a craft station, mini basketball, blow up bowling, AND MORE! We’ll even have a special appearance by the Iowa Barnstormers!
If you’re in the area – Des Moines, Iowa – Capital Square Atrium – 11am-1pm – we would LOVE it if you would come play like a kid with us. Please join us and donate to play a game, to challenge your friend in our obstacle course, get a glass of lemonade, or just to donate! We can’t wait to see you there!