Spring is officially and finally here! With spring, comes many wonderful things. Flowers blooming, warmer temperatures, less snow, more outside time and more. And of course, spring-cleaning. Spring-cleaning is both dreaded and loved. Make your spring-cleaning a bit easier this year by doing a bit of “pre-spring cleaning.” Go through these places in your home to remove clutter and unneeded items before you start your annual scrub down.
- Old towels
- Expired toiletries – check all the dates!
- Toiletries you don’t use – maybe you didn’t like that shampoo and it’s still sitting in the shower
- Travel sized items you’ll never use
- Reading material – newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Nightstand/bedside table – both on top and in any drawers
- Go through your closet and your dresser and get rid of any clothes that you no longer wear, no longer fit or forget you had (and of course anything with holes or stains)
- Knick-knacks – the bedroom is a common place for knick-knacks to pile up that you don’t need
- Clutter – another common place for clutter is the dining room table. Go through anything that’s piled up (paper, bags, package envelopes, mail, receipts, etc.) and trash anything unnecessary!
- Old newspapers
- Utensil drawer
- Empty boxes – did you throw away the empty sandwich bag boxes, aluminum foil boxes, etc.
- Expired food
- Broken dishes
- Appliances you don’t use and never will (hate coffee and still have a coffee maker?)
- Coffee table – again, a place that attracts clutter
- Old blankets or pillows
- Shelves – unused or no longer wanted books, movies, etc. and knick knacks
- Old candles
- Old papers
- Old and non-working pens
- Empty notebooks
- Old calendars
- Broken or unused supplies
- Empty office supply boxes
- Go through your drawers for things you thought you needed to save but really didn’t
- Old toys
- Broken Toys
- Anything stained or smelly
- Forgotten and unplayed with toys
- Toys that they’ve outgrown
- Toys missing pieces
Happy pre-spring cleaning!